Rituparna Sengupta detained at Toronto airport

8:41 PM By

Driving Bengali film performer Rituparna Sengupta was annoyed for quite a long time at the Toronto Pearson Global Air terminal regardless of having a legitimate visa and other travel records, the commended craftsman claimed on Saturday (July 6, 2013).

Sengupta, now in Canada to go to a Banga Sammelan, separated amid her trial on Thursday (July 4, 2013), as she was continued sitting tight for five and a half hours, as the powers even requested that the on-screen character leave the nation.

Sengupta said she came to the air terminal on Thursday (July 4, 2013) evening alongside a wheelchair-bound auntie.

"The migration authorities began testing me. They needed to know why I was going by Toronto and requesting that I name the organizations which were paying me.

"I let them know I had gone there to go to the film celebration of the Banga Sammelan which is kick-beginning with the motion picture Mukti in which I have acted. In any case, they were not fulfilled," she said.

Sengupta was then consumed to another space and advised that she was not qualified to visit Canada as her visa had terminated.

"I said my visa was legitimate till 2015. They didn't yield. I was told the records like visa were just to fly and it was their circumspection regardless of whether to give me a chance to enter their nation.

"I was examined for five and a half hours. I let them know you are allowed to do your examination since I have every legitimate report. My spouse Sanjoy (Chakraborty) rang me, yet before I could converse with him legitimately, they reallocated my telephone, and let me know I'm not permitted to converse with anybody," she told the Bengali news station ABP Ananda from Toronto.

She said when an Indian international safe haven official called, the migration authorities declined to address him, saying they can't give "any clarification for our choice".

Sengupta was advised to take an arrival flight at night.

"I was advised I would need to say that I am leaving deliberately. They undermined that in the event that I didn't do as such, they would report against me," she included.

As hours passed, Sengupta broke into tears. "At that point a migration official let me know 'Whether you carry on like this, we will say you are a mental patient and place you in a mental haven'.

"At long last, they said since you are now here, and now that you are noting the inquiries well, we can continue differently."

She was then permitted to leave the airplane terminal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment